Many of us love our pets, treating them as if they were our children. And for some of us we may love them more (j/k). So it’s natural to want to celebrate their birthday.
Here’s some tips on how to make your furry friend feel special on their big day….
- Invite other dogs over. Dogs are very social and love sniffing each other. It’s their version of “pin the tail on the donkey.”
- Go to a dog park. Less poop in the house
- Make them a puppy cake of their favorite meat
- Buy them a present but let them unwrap it. They love the surprise and the suspense. (Un-train them in this feat before Christmas though).
- Treat them to a doggie massage
- Let them walk YOU on their walk outside
- Get a cat piñata and load it with treats
- Get them a new pillow bed and don’t yell at them if they poop on it
- Treat yourself to a T-bone steak for dinner and give them the bone
- If they don’t get to sleep with you on your bed, let them this one time
- Leave them alone
- Let them be
- Don’t make eye contact
- But in case you have a loving kitty like I do….you can also a order a cat massage or get them a Tweety bird piñata